Sometimes those MP3’s have TAG troubles that need to be fixed. Read the rest of this entry »


After recovering from a bad windows update most of the programs that I typically use have been installed, all but for Sublime Text. I use several packages with Sublime Text, and it can be a tricky process to make sure that everything works properly. As such, this is a good chance to record the process of what’s involved with the installation. Read the rest of this entry »

Recently I’ve had to fight my way through several significant problems to repair Windows after a bad windows update experience.

With my computer I normally hibernate it instead of shutting it down. As a result, rebooting the computer occurs infrequently. On the odd occasions when I do reboot the computer there is invariably a request from Windows to update as part of the shutdown procedure.

Here I track the troubles that I had and the solutions that were found, in the hopes that it will be of beneficial use for others too. Read the rest of this entry »

Blackjack is the longest game that I have converted thus far, and has several complex issues. The converted code spends most of the time in an unrunnable state until most everything is taken care of. Fortunately the systems and techniques built up over the previous conversions should hold me in good stead. Read the rest of this entry »

After converting the Awari game, I got cocky and went ahead with converting a maze generator called Amazing, even though it had been converted before. That one knocked the stuffing out of me, and after messing with it for half the week, I learned that the original code had the same bugs I was trying to squash. Read the rest of this entry »

This is the big one. The original author of BASIC Games to JavaScript seems to have stopped at Awari, and I’m curious as to why and what the challenges will be. Read the rest of this entry »

Converting 3D Plot is the last of my preparation before tackling Awari. The main challenges with 3D Plot was how to properly handle the tab statements, and how to handle the animation of what used run on a tractor-feed printer. Read the rest of this entry »