Archives for posts with tag: BASIC

Blackjack is the longest game that I have converted thus far, and has several complex issues. The converted code spends most of the time in an unrunnable state until most everything is taken care of. Fortunately the systems and techniques built up over the previous conversions should hold me in good stead. Read the rest of this entry »

Advertisements

After converting the Awari game, I got cocky and went ahead with converting a maze generator called Amazing, even though it had been converted before. That one knocked the stuffing out of me, and after messing with it for half the week, I learned that the original code had the same bugs I was trying to squash. Read the rest of this entry »

This is the big one. The original author of BASIC Games to JavaScript seems to have stopped at Awari, and I’m curious as to why and what the challenges will be. Read the rest of this entry »

Converting 3D Plot is the last of my preparation before tackling Awari. The main challenges with 3D Plot was how to properly handle the tab statements, and how to handle the animation of what used run on a tractor-feed printer. Read the rest of this entry »

Before to converting the BASIC Computer Game of Awari, I figured that the person that had converted three games from BASIC to JavaScript might have stopped there because it got more difficult. As such, it would make sense for me to do a few others first before jumping in to that one.

Since he started converting games from A, and I have already downloaded the BASIC source code from all of the games at Vintage BASIC Games, there are a couple of other games before A called 23 Matches and 3D Plot. These look to be good material for me to start learning about the conversion process. Read the rest of this entry »